Before you know it, it will be back to school time and your little ones will be off! Avoid the last-minute drama with this step-by-step guide to ensuring you get everything done in time, in the two weeks leading up to it. Read on to see the checklist that will leave you readily prepared!
2 weeks before school starts:
- Familiarise yourself with the school website.
- Purchase the school uniform from the appropriate stores.
- Label all items of clothing with cute labels that you can get here.
- Make a list of school supplies you’ll need to purchase as well as any other necessary school related items such as: a new bag; lunch boxes; water bottles etc.
- Form a plan of the shops you will need to visit for that week.
1 week before school starts:
- Organise after-school child care arrangements.
- Organise routines and enforce bedtime curfews as well as waking up times each day.
- Shop for groceries for next week’s school lunches, choose healthy food.
- Label the lunch boxes with your child’s name.
- Wash and iron school clothes.
- Discuss any procedures your child should expect.
The night before the first day of school:
- Lay out clothes ready for the morning.
- Have your phone ready for some cute first day morning pictures.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Prepare lunches for the next day.
- Prepare backpack.
Hope this post helps to get you, dear parents, to a super organised start!
Wishing everyone a great year! ❤
Till next time…